Monday, September 22, 2014

Salted caramel chocolate chip cookies

Happy fall y'all! In honor of the first day of fall I treated myself to a pumpkin spice latte and a couple of these amazing salted caramel chocolate chip cookies. They're like an explosion of chocolaty, caramelly, salty fall goodness!

The original recipe I found on Pinterest had too many steps and involved chilling the dough. Ain't nobody got time for that! I wanted cookies ASAP! No time for chilling! So I used my tried and true world's best chocolate chip cookie recipe with a couple of tweaks. 

I added caramel pieces along with the chocolate chips. I would suggest buying the nicely chopped little caramel pieces you find on the baking aisle at your local grocery store. Again, I wanted cookies ASAP with no time for a trip to the store, so I took some caramels I had and chopped them up. Yes, I was desperate, but it worked.

As soon as I pulled them out of the oven I dusted them with a smidge of crushed sea salt. It tasted like a salted caramel mocha people! Oh my goodness. 

Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 stick of butter
3/4 cup of butter flavored Crisco
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 t vanilla
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
1 t salt, baking soda and baking powder
1 bag chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
1 cup caramel pieces
Sea salt

Mix ingredients (I just throw the wet ingredients in my KitchenAid, then add the dry and blend. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour...you should be able to pick it up without it sticking to everything)

Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes

Remove from oven and dust with sea salt.

Cool one minute and remove to rack (unless your family is eating them right off the cookie sheet!)

Excuse me while I wipe the crumbs off my keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails