Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pioneer Woman U-mazing mashed potatoes

As I write today the doors and windows are flung open and the sun is shining.

It's November. The day before Thanksgiving.

We live in Idaho...where it's cold.

Do you see the significance of this for my Texas lovin' heart? Yes, it's a big deal.

My fridge is stuffed to the brim with all my Southern Thanksgiving favorites just waiting to be popped into the oven tomorrow. It's all I can do to keep my fingers out of the cornbread dressing and chocolate chess pie. Oh my!

I've been at it all morning, but just had to stop and tell y'all about the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes. I seriously think they have changed my life. They are U-MAZING!! Of course they are made with copious amounts of butter, a whole brick of cream cheese AND half & half. Yep, they're that good. The best part is you make them ahead, add more butter to the top and bake them on Thanksgiving. No more last minute stress trying to get the potatoes finished, make the gravy and carve the turkey all at once. Yah for me!

Since the Pioneer Woman takes such great pics of every step of the cooking process, here's a link to her's. I promise you will thank me. You may even stop in the middle of your Thanksgiving dinner to drop me a note of gratitude for such an amazing recipe.

You're welcome and happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. May your turkey be moist, your gravy without lumps and the desserts plentiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to let me know you're reading! Leave me a link and I'll visit you.

Enjoy this post? Check these out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails